Sunday 2 June 2013

I'm back!

OK, it's been a while...

I've been very busy.  I'd like to briefly share a little of what I've been doing.

PLP (Powerful Learning Practice) action research is done - sort of.  Have a look at what our group did on our Rhymes with Orange website.  Although our year with PLPnetwork is over, we will all continue to get our students to develop critical thinking skills is a visible way.  We all have ideas about what we need to change.  As it is an action research project, I think this is to be expected.  We didn't get it exactly right the first time, but we believe that we are on a good path and are going to continue to work at it.

I've also been working on a weekly post on our staff newsletter.  I've written a number of them, but I've also asked others in my school to write about their use of IT in their classes.  I have decided to post those on this blog as well.  So you will see them soon.  I will include the original date of publication in the staff newsletter with each publication.

Last week I spent two days at a Google Bootcamp run by Learn Style.  It is my intention to get my Google Apps for Education certification.  It was a heavy 2 days, with lots more heavy work to come, but I think I'm up for it.  At this point, I actually think the 9 hours of exams will be the easy part! I will try to blog about the experience so far soon.  Getting this blog up and running again is going to be an important part of this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment