Sunday 6 April 2014

Diigo for organization and collaboration

This post was originally written for my school's weekly staff newsletter, March 21, 2014.

According to their website, “Diigo is a powerful research tool and knowledge sharing website.”
Personally, I use it as a cloud based bookmarking site.  I bookmark websites, articles, blogs, online videos that I think I will want to return to; much in the same way you may use “favourites” in your browser on your personal computer.  Because it is cloud based, I have access to them no matter what computer I am using.

I have also used it with a number of different PD groups to share resources.  It is very easy to create groups so that you can all collect and share resources.  You can tag articles so they can be easily found at a later date.  You can also mark up the website or article with highlighting or “sticky notes” or other “notes”.  If you are sharing resources with a colleague for a course, why not try Diigo?  You just need to create a login and start saving!

If you want more information, here is a video showing you how it works:

No comments:

Post a Comment